You can find varieties of food list, when it comes to feeding your lovely hamster. They are not usually picky eaters, therefore suggest a mixed diet, as it’s the best key for your hamster’s well-being. There are two foremost varieties of hamster food to pick from, they are pellets and seed mixes. They carry a mix of grains, seed, minerals and vitamins.
But veggies and fresh fruits are important for well-balanced nutrition as well. Here is the different hamster food list that is secure for your hamster to feed, and the things that you should avoid while feeding them.
Acceptable foods for the hamster:
- Apple (seedless)
- Plums (no pits)
- Peaches (no stone)
- Raspberry Leaves (helpful for diarrhoea)
- Bok Choy
- Bean Sprouts
- Cabbage (Limited amounts)
- Corn on the Cob
- Dandelion Leaves
- Green Beans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Water Chestnuts
- Water Cress
Meats and proteins foods:
- Grilled Ground Beef (Rinse thoroughly in hot water to extract any fat)
- Low lipid cottage cheese
- Baked Turkey or Chicken (Cooked or baked)
- Grasshoppers (Pet Shop)
- Fish Cod (Cooked expelling bones and skin)
- Crickets (Pet Shop)
- Mealworms (Pet Shop)
- Eggs ( boiled or scrambled)
- Bread(whole cereals no white bread) immersed in milk ( Skim, Low Fat, Soy)
- Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- Plain Tofu
- Monkey Chow
- Dog Biscuits (No Garlic, onion, or onion powder)
- Lab Blocks
- Cheese (soft cheeses in balance)
- Baby Food( no onion or garlic and low sugar)
- Cooked Pasta(Wheat or Spinach would be better)
- Cooked traditional brown rice
- Low or sugarless grains
- Dry toast(Also suitable for diarrhoea)
- Nuts (No almonds)
- Pumpkin Seeds (unsalted)
- Soybeans(Roasted no salt)
- Sesame Seeds
- Squash seeds
- Oatmeal(dry or dipped in low-fat milk or skim)
- Bran and Wheat Germ (Refrigerated goes bad fast)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Peanuts (unsalted)
- Unsalted Popcorn (no butter)
Supplying your hamster the best food is important for their sound health. It is most beneficial if you have their diet different. You can add formulated blended food, preserved food, and also pests in their diet. The formed food should be clear of pesticides and particular to hamsters. Dwarf hamsters can have fresh hamster food such as bran, asparagus, and unsalted seeds and nuts. Any green food you supply them must be flat in the water. Because they arise from desert environments, hamster foods that are great in water can provoke diarrhoea. Pests can also be served on events such as grasshoppers and crickets.
You can also serve them with some varieties of meat, constantly cooked, and mixed egg slices. Lots of persons also give their hamsters modest amounts of infant food, particularly to an older and aged hamster will have difficulty digesting. Hamsters require variety in their food and a healthy way to append it is supplementation. Various mature hamster keepers think supplementation a complete necessity!
Hamsters can eat market or expert hamster food that is particularly formed for them. Hamsters additionally like greens such as broccoli, raw carrot, lettuce, cucumbers, hardly love-apple (tomatoes) as hard as you provide it to them when they are done as it can create their cage wet. Fresh fruits such as apples and pears are fair.
Things which are harmful to them:
- Any citrus berries such as oranges
- Bananas, as they lead to saving food in their jowl pouches and they are too smooth that it makes a mush in their cheek
- Beetroot would change everything in their living place(cage) purple
- They don’t relish garlic or onions
- If you feed them turkey make convinced that you nevermore give them pork
- Stuff like chocolate and desserts are very dangerous for hamsters. You can buy pet chocolate from pet shops, but you need to be very concerned with how many you provide them as they can gain them fat.
- Never feed your hamster those dog biscuits that cover up flesh because these wafers inflate and push toward the belly of your hamster, heading to a sharp death.
Also, don’t attempt and replace healthy hamster food for that of expert rabbit food as bunny mix carries something similar to an anti worming medication which is highly toxic to Hamsters.